Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mornings with Ollie

This morning was the first morning that Oliver and I did what will become our normal morning routine. The cat woke me at 5:30 with his mewling. Filled food dish back to bed. Then Oliver woke me up screaming around 6:00. Bellow for wife attempt to change diaper. After my wife finished nursing Oliver I was faced with a dilemma - attempt to garner as much sleep as he'll allow me or start my day with a run. Regretfully I got up and got dressed. Oliver and I went for a short run down to the park and back. For the next hour or so, I tried to get ready for work while not leaving Oliver alone for long enough stretches that he would notice that I was gone and begin crying. When I finally had him ready to go I carried his day care bag, my work bag, and, oh yeah, Oliver out to the car for the ride into work. For the past nine months I've been commuting at 5:45a and 3:30p so the traffic was a bit of a new beast to deal with. Twenty minutes later Oliver was safely ensconced at day care and I was on my way to the office. It's just that now I need a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home