Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Must ... Play ... Magic ...

I've hosted a few Magic nights at my house or at a friend's house and they have been generally well received. I've had friends ask me when I'm going to have an event next. I have over fifty assembled decks of varying power levels ready to go whenever I get the opportunity to play. I have a complete set of boxes from the last two blocks ready to be drafted. But I haven't been able to find a time and a place to get together with friends and play. It's difficult to carve out time when all of my other obligations take precedence. And our house is not air-conditioned, making it ill-suited to summer gatherings.

One of the seemingly inexplicable parts of this whole situation is that I have a potential partner who refuses to learn how to play. My wife is an enthusiatic if not avid game player. We play Carcassone, Settlers of Catan, Power Grid, and Fluxx with friends. We'll play Hearts, Spades, and Bridge with other people. We play Hera and Zeus on occasion against each other. So it's not like she doesn't like playing games or only likes traditional games or hates card games. But not Magic. Ever. In all of the time that we've been together we may have played once.

But I'm seriously jones-ing for a game. As Jorge says "Nothing is better than attacking for two."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home