Monday, May 15, 2006

Ick! Plateau

I feel like I've hit a weight loss plateau. I'm currently solidly in the 180s, but I haven't seen any movement on the scale that isn't directly attributable to water in some time. My activity level remains high - I'm running 3-4 times per week in preparation for marathon season. But I feel like I'm in a rut.

So today I'm going to go to a Bikram Yoga class. During River to River I talked to Duzzy about it and he recommended it. He said that it really helped his running. I'm actually a little nervous about it as my super power is that I sweat like no one else. Voluntarily going into a hot box for exercise seems like a recipe to turn me into a raisin. But if it works and I keep it up, I'll gain additional flexibility while cross training myself into better shape.

If nothing else, I'll get myself trained for summer in St. Louis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home