Sunday, May 14, 2006

Weekend update

It was a very lazy weekend. We crashed early on Friday putting ourselves to bed at the same time that we put Oliver to sleep. It was fine because early Saturday morning was the Chevy's 5K. It was a good race with good food afterwards which we all partook of. I learned a lot during the race about running with a toddler and/in a running stroller. After the race, we took Oliver to Gymboree for a Play class followed by a Music Class. After the class it was time to go home for lunch and nap. Oliver and I spent the afternoon together as Mommy went for a massage and dinner with her mother. I got him to sleep and did some work around the house until my wife got home.

Sunday morning I got up to take care of Oliver, but my wife decided to join in the fun and so we got to play together all morning. My wife went to a Bikram Yoga class while I took Oliver to the park. After the park, we came back, had snack, and played for a bit until it was time for his nap. We did the book part of nap and started to go down for the nap when I realized that he had a present for me in his diaper. We started to change the diaper when Mommy came home and thoughts of nap left his mind. After lunch, we all went upstairs and napped together. Then we got up and had a snack and played some more. We had made some plans with friends but when it started getting late we decided to grab some food. We were going to go to Saleem's on the Loop, but it seems that it is not open on Sundays. We ended up eating at Fitz's which was nice. Our server was very accomodating to our odd South Beach Phase One style requests. After dinner we went to Bed Bath and Beyond and Target so that my wife could buy her mother a can opener and buy herself some clothes. Oliver and I spent the trip to the store in the toy section and only ended up buying a $2.00 boat that Daddy wanted. We got home in time to put Oliver to bed. After he went to sleep we started watching the end of Buffy Season Three. We're almost done, but still not quite there yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home