Wednesday, February 07, 2007

So... you want to run a 10K?

Over the past few weeks, I've had several people come up and ask me if I'm planning to train for a marathon again. To be honest, I hadn't been thinking about it specifically. Rather I've been lamenting the poor shape that I've slouched my way towards. So I wanted to get in shape, but I'm not specifically geared up for a marathon training. I mean I've been training for a marathon or getting fat every year for the past five years. But I'd like to support my friends in their fitness goals and really I need something that will get my burgeoning bottom off the bench and back into the game.

So as a baby step, I'm going to train for a 10K between now and the end of May. Then starting in June I'll gear up for the Lewis and Clark Marathon weekend. The advantages of targetting this weekend is that there are a number of options for someone to choose should they decide not to run the marathon due to injury or desire. They also tend not to close registration until much later in the summer than Chicago.

So if you are interested in training for a 10K, know me, and live in the Saint Louis area, let me know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home